We were met at the door by the employee smoking a cigarette. Once in the hallway, it smelled like stale cigarette smoke and a gym lockeroom; in the room, the smell was worse.
The room itself had paint and plaster falling off the walls, sink and tub had draining issues or wouldn't hold water, Toilet seat was loose and almost fell off. Multi plugs were used in outlets that were overstretched and bent the prongs as they were sticking out of the walls, the electrical outlets were loose and they had plugs in them behind the pillows and mattress; which is a very bad fire violation. The blackout curtains were full of holes and wouldn't close. We had to use a paper clamp to close them. The mattress were old and broken down and very uncomfortable. All night there were people yelling, slamming doors and fighting until around 4:00 am. We called the front desk two times to report it. Outside in the parking lot there was yelling and vehicles reving their engines. The grab and go breakfast consisted of a bottle of warm water, a small apple and a squished child sized granola bar. On the bright side, the toilet flushed, 2 ply toilet paper, refrigerator and air conditioning worked well and our boys said the pool was nice. We actually we're going to leave in the middle of the night but we live three hours away. Oh, one more positive, it is close to The Creation Museum.